At our firm we take great pride in taking a big picture approach when dealing with potential or actual legal disputes. Our firm understands the need for cost efficient, results driven legal services. We understand that the benchmark for client satisfaction is communication between the parties and value driven services focused on the client’s objectives.
Our firm always examines the economic implications of a case upon our client before accepting to proceed with the mandate. We explain the proper steps to take, the legal costs involved, whether any expertise is required and we are able to coordinate with other professionals, (bailiffs, accountants, private investigators, etc.) in the treatment of your file.
We also understand that litigation is a costly process and we aim to canvass all possible solutions in order to provide our client’s with a satisfactory conclusion to their file. This may include alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration.
However there are instances where litigation is inevitable and it is important to have a professional whom can guide you through the procedural and legal elements crafting the most suitable strategy for your case.
Whether it be in a civil or commercial legal matters we represent companies and individuals in the province of Quebec. We are called to represent both plaintiffs in launching their claims as well as defending individuals against lawsuits.
We have trial experience before the Immigration and Refugee Board, Tribunal Administratif du Quebec in administrative law matters, Court of Quebec, Superior Court, and the Federal Court. In addition Me Eidelmann has plead before various Municipal Courts in penal matters (Highway Safety Code infractions, fines, etc.)
We may be of assistance in handling the following matters for you or your business:
- Contractual Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Collection of Debts
- Product Liability
- Commercial Leases
- Property Damage
- Personal Injury
- Construction Disputes
- Real Estate Litigation
- Enforcement of Court Judgements
- Employment and Labour Law
- Our client a beverage manufacturer cancelled a distribution contract and was subsequently pursued by the distributor in the Superior Court. Despite a very difficult case which we inherited we managed to reduce the damages by over $100,000 from what was being claimed.
- Our client a commercial tenant was being sued for rental arrears before the Quebec Court. The landlord was seeking a safeguard order against our client. We successfully plead that the legal criteria for such an order was not merited in the circumstances. Despite being late in their payments we were successful in our defence.
- Our client a financial lender signed a loan agreement with two individuals for financing on their immovable. After financing was obtained the borrowers refused to go to the notary. My client then hired us to sue for damages. We instituted proceedings and settled out of court.
- The reputation of our client was being tarnished by a former co-worker spreading false information pertaining to his business practices. We were hired to put an end to the defamatory commentary and served a cease and desist letter. Our client’s rights were then safeguarded as the individuals stopped all commentary.
Small Claims Litigation Support
We offer individuals and businesses assistance in small claims matters as well. Small claims in Quebec deals with matters under $7000,00 and less. However in the coming year this amount will be increased to $15,000 due to new legislation being adopted. As a rule no lawyers may be present in Small Claims matters but this does not discount the fact you should be prepared.
We can assist you in completing your claim or even contesting your claim as well. In fact we represent one of the largest electronics manufacturers in Canada with their litigation matters in the province of Quebec which does include small claims matters.